Following DC’s first major winter snow storm of 2015, which closed the government on Tuesday, February 17, Virginia Department of Transportation shared praise for Fort Myer Construction’s snow plowing and de-icing efforts. In addition to our client calling our snow clearing work “outstanding”, comments from the public posted on Twitter include:
- “In less than 24 hours, @VaDOTNOVA has done a spectacular A+job on snow removal. Roads are great, even in my neighborhood.”
- “Incredible work with the roads today.”
- “As a NOVA commuter, I really appreciate how you guys are handling the snow and icy road conditions. Thanks for keeping us safe.”
- “495 is day and night in VA and MD. Icy and accidents in MD – dry & clean in VA. Great Job @VaDOTNOVA.”
- “Kudos to VDOT for hard work on hwys & major rds -95, 395, Wash Blvd & Fairfax Dr all clear!”
- “Thoroughly impressed with @VaDOTNOVA with their clearing of the roads around me. Could hear the plows working all night.”
Fort Myer is proud of our team of safe, dedicated, and dependable drivers and leaders working hard to keep the roads safe for the driving public!
To see snow plowing in action for Virginia Department of Transportation along I-495, watch the video below:
The Fort Myer team prides itself in providing winter weather management services for the local Departments of Transportation. Specifically, operations for Virginia include snow plowing and de-icing along I-495 including all on/off ramps, interchanges, as well as various neighboring roadways in the northern Virginia area. As an on-call service contractor, Fort Myer manages the supply and operation of heavy snow plowing and handling equipment across metropolitan DC each winter season.
Our team is dedicated to being a dependable resource, even in the most treacherous months of the year. We proactively monitor weather forecasts to ready our crews during constantly changing conditions. Offering customers 24/7 support, we ensure prompt and efficient service. Our reliable workforce, rapid dispatch service, local storage sites, and fleet of vehicles ensure top customer satisfaction with our pre-treatment and snow removal services. Whether it is a small neighborhood backstreet or a large interstate highway, we are the go-to resource for safe and accessible roadways during the winter season.