SHA would like to pass along our appreciation for your professionalism and enthusiasm during the paving operations for this project. While SHA did not expect any problems, what problems did occur were efficiently and professionally handled by your staff. The schedule was kept to the letter, and the budget was maintained for the main portions of the work. In closing, SHA would like to give special thanks to Fort Myer’s Superintendent for his due diligence, enthusiasm and open communication between SHA’s Project Engineer which was instrumental in the overall project’s success.
– Vince Rethemeyer, Area Engineer Maryland State Highway Administration (Project: MD 410 Safety and Resurfacing Improvements)
We call on Fort Myer for these difficult projects. Not because of a relationship between DDOT and Fort Myer, but because it appears Fort Myer always gets it done.
– Terry Bellamy, Former Director, DDOT
We are extremely satisfied with the level of technical expertise, dedication, and cooperation we observed.
– Ali Shakeri, P.E., Program Manager, DDOT
The Virginia Department of Transportation greatly appreciates your company’s hard work to complete projects on schedule . . . I am pleased that your company, in partnership with the subtractor community, contributed to a Northern Virginia District on-time performance score of 95% . . . Thank you for working in partnership with VDOT staff to deliver projects on time with safety and quality
– William Cuttler, P.E., VDOT, District Construction Engineer
I can tell you as the Partnering Facilitator that this was a great team. There were extraordinary constraints on a very technical project and great teamwork pulled it off.
– Gary Bates, PE, Regarding New York Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation Project
One of the best contractors that we work with. We’ve had a very good experience with them.
– Wisal Khan, DC Water
They do good work and try to be as safe as possible in my book.
– Stanley Newman, VDOT
Fort Myer service, both in the office and in the field, is among the industries best.
– Ty Pate, Director of Preconstruction and Procurement, Tompkins Builders, Inc., a subsidiary of Turner Construction
Whenever presented with a difficult situation, Fort Myer’s management and supervision always stand ready to assist in developing an effective solution. Fort Myer has a proven track record in Washington D.C. as the “go-to” contractor for all site related activities.
– Matt Haas l Vice President, Clark Construction Group, LLC
Larry Brent and his guys did great work on the bike path in front of our house. They were very responsive to all of our concerns and very pleasant too. Thank you so much.
– Resident on MacArthur Blvd (Project: MacArthur Blvd Bikeway Improvements)
On behalf of The Maryland State Highway Administration District 3 office, I would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere thanks to both you and [the superintendent] for the tremendous efforts involved in completing the emergency paving operation on Connecticut Avenue. SHA realizes and appreciates the logistical challenges that were overcome by [the superintendent] and the Fort Myer Construction Company in order to complete the repairs in an aggressively expedited timeframe after it was placed into emergency repair status. SHA is well aware of the time, energy and attention to detail that this project demanded and it was reassuring to know that we could count on [the superintendent] to go the extra mile to accomplish a successful task.
– Vince Rethemeyer, Area Engineer Maryland State Highway Administration (Project: MD 185 Safety & Resurfacing Improvements)
What a real pleasure it has been having Fort Myer on the project. Amadeu and his crew have been fantastic to work with on the waterline installation. They know exactly what to do and they do it safely. Mario and Matt have done a great job, so far, too.
– Rob Morrison – Superintendent, The Clark Construction Group, LLC (Project: Portner Place Apartments Site Work)